Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Who'd have thought it would have been the socks!

Last week was a very bad, terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week. It started on Monday when I silently let a certain burden come over me that caused me to check-out emotionally from my life. It didn't help that I was riding a hormonal roller coaster that week also.

I let everything go. The house was a wreck and I hadn't been to the grocery store so we were living on crumbs.

Then, by Wednesday my daughter came down sick. I spent several sleep deprived days watching over her, checking on her in the middle of the night, medicating her so that she would not have a seizure.

Thursday my husband brought it to my attention that my son had missed his soccer game. Now the truth of the matter is I just plain forgot he had a game. For weeks I had been thinking it was on Friday. I felt horrible that I let him down. I was off the hook because Kathryn was sick and there was no way I could get him there but I knew the truth. I JUST FORGOT.

Then the completely RIDICULOUS happened.

Friday, about 6:30 in the morning I was getting ready so I could take my daughter to the doctor when my husband came in.

He said very innocently to his sleep deprived, hormonal, emotionally checked-out wife: "Do I have any socks in the dryer?"

I'm thinking to myself, How would I know I checked-out on Monday. But I said "I don't know why?"

He said "I've been out of socks for four days and I've been wearing yours."

***(disclaimer: my husband never complains, and always helps when I need him to)***

My first response was to burst into wailing sobs. My second response was to say through wailing, grinding and gnashing of teeth. "I da da da don't know wh wh what to tell you. If you're out of socks wa wa wash some!"

There he stood like a deer in headlights, having no idea what is happening. I could see that he was thinking if he stood still enough he might actually become invisible.

Who knew that socks would send me careening over the edge of reason. But I mean really, can't a girl get a shout out on day one! All I can say is it's a good thing he didn't run out of underwear!

Can you imagine?

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you had such a bad week!! I'm glad your able to laugh about it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, ha, emphasis on the underwear. I can't believe you came to the book study after such a bad week. I suppose you just needed to get out. I am glad you are blogging again. I haven't been reading any blogs for a month. Keep it up. you'll feel better. Plus, I owe you a couple solids, so if you just want to get Michael out of the house and rest while Kathryn sleeps, we would Love to have him over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I was climbing back up the cliff by Thursday so it was all good. And it felt really good to be out. Honest to blog I might take you up on that favor sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete